Username: Password:

Author Topic: Official Red Dead Glitch Thread  (Read 27365 times)

Offline m0j0j0jo

• Liked: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Official Red Dead Glitch Thread
« on: June 15, 2010, 09:00:13 PM »
after taking a look at the massive list of glitches on the wiki page, it seems necessary that there be a thread dedicated to the reporting, discussing, testing, and verification of glitches. perhaps a moderator can sticky this thread if necessary.

I pulled this short list of confirmed glitches from the X-Files thread. this list was put together by FaceShot117, so I give all due credit to him and any others that assisted in compiling this list. my goal is for this thread to serve a more useful and productive purpose than the X-Files thread which has basically turned into a rumor, speculation, and myth thread.

this isn't a myth or paranormal thread. myth/paranormal discussion should remain in the X-Files thread. this thread's purpose is to report and verify game glitches and bugs. please do not discuss previously confirmed glitches. thanks.

Current glitches

here are some recently reported glitches:

Bugged Game/Broken Storyline

Mexican Bounty/Telegraph glitch

Wiki Glitch List

Confirmed Glitches[/u]

Case 1: The werewolf---SOLVED
Status: The lack of any new evidence on this beast leads one to the conclusion of what was posted in the first picture is a skin glitch.
The "werewolf" will be deemed a skin glitch unless otherwise proven true with photographic evidence and verification by multiple people. otherwise, keep "sightings" in the X-Files thread.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v254/ingenting/wolf2.jpg
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj288/rickb110/werewolfr.jpg?t=1274897076
THIS was the image that was proved to be a fake, not the first one.  And its only still here because it shows what a obvious photoshop job it is, unlike the first pic.

Case 2: The Mexican zombie---SOLVED

Case 3: The haunting of Tumbleweed mansion---SOLVED...probably!
Status: While first proposed as a spawning glitch this myth is quickly turning into something plausible. this has been investigated pretty thoroughly in the X-Files thread and there is probably some truth to the Tumbleweed haunting. I don't feel this needs to be investigated any further in this thread. please keep discussion of the Tumbleweed haunting in the X-Files thread.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PGLeA-sJ6M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wcfZ-uDpzM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ES0UrZ6oC8&
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roBK74LlU3M

m0j0j0jo: In the Tumbleweed mansion, there is also a glitch that occurs where the gangmembers in the mansion are invisible. I've read other people report this and personally experienced this myself. you'll hear them talking and they'll react to things you do and your character likewise reacts to them, saying things like "excuse me mister" as you walk past them. however, they are invisible and will not try to fight you.

Case 4: Donkey woman---SOLVED
Status: Proved to be a skin glitch often associated with pirated versions of the game.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7q7v4F8r9Og

Case 5: Flying people and creatures---SOLVED
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYdCvN-ukRY

Case 6: Sidewinder Gulch anomalies
Status: Under investigation. I'm not really familiar with these anomalies, but this discussion should probably be left in the X-Files thread unless there is some legitimate reason to investigate game glitches there.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0Y6KUslF7g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBuXLqa6xlI
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 10:45:11 PM by m0j0j0jo »

Offline Legend Of the West

• View Profile
    • Awards
RE: Official Red Dead Glitch Thread
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 09:06:31 PM »
Uhhh, ROFL?? Copy/Paste from the X-Files.  Lock this thread...Lock this thread *the crowd chants*
http://www.reddead.net/forums/thread-x-files-red-dead-redemption
^That is the official.  Stop copying other peoples stuff.^
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 09:07:13 PM by Legend Of the West »

Offline m0j0j0jo

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 09:38:58 PM »
huh? did you read anything I wrote? that is a myth thread, not a glitch thread. move along troll, kthx
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 09:46:24 PM by m0j0j0jo »

Offline Zach The Gunslinger

• Running Gun
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 12:22:41 AM »
I've had a few glitches.

Doing Gang Hideouts in free-roam, we were at Tumbleweed and on two separate occasions the bandits were glitched in the ground near the basement entrance of the mansion in Tumbleweed. They could shoot us, but we couldn't kill them with fire bottle, dynamite, or shooting them. The same thing happened in the Twin Rocks Hideout, inside the mines, where two bandits were glitched into the walls of the mine and could shoot us. Once again we couldn't kill them.

Also, when I lassoed a character during a mission in Mexico, John was floating in mid-air and I couldn't move or do anything. I was stuck.

And then in Blackwater, I couldn't do anything that involved pressing a button to talk to someone or anything. I couldn't get on my horse, buy things, save the game, or anything at all. Had to reset the Xbox to fix it.

And I've also witnessed floating chairs/objects.
100% Completion Club
100% Completion Undead Nightmare
100+ Hours Played[/b]

Twenty Notches On My Six Gun Mark The Lessons I Have Learned [/color]

Offline m0j0j0jo

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 02:16:11 AM »
I think I may have actually stumbled across a single player glitch. I'm at the point in the game where I've unlocked west elizabeth but have not started any missions there. I have completed all the challenges, but the Legend of the West outfit is not available? tried reloading my game and it is still not available
bah! apparently I didn't unlock the survivalist line of challenges...
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 02:19:30 AM by m0j0j0jo »

Offline kaiserkellar

• Retired Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2010, 06:41:13 AM »
This topic would be more suited to the Gameplay forum. Other than that, though – nice work.

Although, I do suggest that you give FaceShot117 some sort of credit for his work.

Moved and pinned.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 06:44:47 AM by kaiserkellar »

Offline proxi

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2010, 07:47:42 AM »
I went to shove Carnelious Wolfe out of his seat in Chuparosa, after he took all my chips.

As soon as I made contact with him, I switched to an alternate world it seemed, really dark with a bright light above me, I was floating around 200ft above the ground which was heavily pixelated. I could run around but not get down, had to quit out. The whole event reminded me of Lost. Perhaps I died when pushing Carnelious, he could've been rigged to blow?
[align=center][/align]

Offline m0j0j0jo

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2010, 08:02:51 AM »
Quote from: 'kaiserkellar' pid='83485' dateline='1276684873'

This topic would be more suited to the Gameplay forum. Other than that, though – nice work.

Although, I do suggest that you give FaceShot117 some sort of credit for his work.

Moved and pinned.

I did, it was underlined in my original post. good call about moving this to gameplay, that hadn't crossed my mind.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 08:04:25 AM by m0j0j0jo »

Offline Ultimate Prosecutor

• Sundance Kid
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2010, 09:18:03 AM »
Can people try crossing into Mexico via the Plainview bridge.

When I get on the narrow bit of road leading from Plainview to the crossing, just in the dip in the road, my whole game freezes and quits.

I'm on the last last last mission and it's REALLY annoying. I want to know if it's a map glitch that's occurred since the patch, or if it's just me.

Offline kaiserkellar

• Retired Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2010, 10:05:53 AM »
Quote from: 'm0j0j0jo' pid='83538' dateline='1276689771'

Quote from: 'kaiserkellar' pid='83485' dateline='1276684873'

Moved and pinned.

I did, it was underlined in my original post. good call about moving this to gameplay, that hadn't crossed my mind.

My apologies. I have no idea how I missed that. :P

Offline essentre

• Zombie Hooker Who Steals Unicorns
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2010, 10:46:25 AM »
This happened to me a few times...

In Blackwater in the saloon I was trying to fight some people. I walked up to the blackjack dealer, went to punch him and was instantly transported up onto the roof of the saloon. I jumped down and tried this several times and it worked everytime I did it. It was actually pretty fun!
100% Completion Club
100% Undead Nightmare Club

• Sundance Kid
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2010, 01:28:22 PM »
OK this bug that crashes me every time I go to that certain place is REALLY breaking my game. It does it in both MP and SP.

Offline m0j0j0jo

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2010, 02:05:37 AM »
Quote from: 'proxi' pid='83526' dateline='1276688862'

I went to shove Carnelious Wolfe out of his seat in Chuparosa, after he took all my chips.

As soon as I made contact with him, I switched to an alternate world it seemed, really dark with a bright light above me, I was floating around 200ft above the ground which was heavily pixelated. I could run around but not get down, had to quit out. The whole event reminded me of Lost. Perhaps I died when pushing Carnelious, he could've been rigged to blow?

lol, at first I thought this sounded like some kind of made up paranormal report.

I think I've had something really similar happen and I have no idea how to replicate it. before v1.02, I had accessed West Elizabeth via glitch. while hunting in Tall Trees, my horse was killed so I used a deed to get another one, so my game autosaved in Tall Trees. shortly after I tried to kill myself to return to New Austin...but my game reloaded me to that area in Tall Trees - very unusual. I tried to return to town, but could not walk more than 100yds or so before my game glitched. my character's animation began stuttering like crazy, and I had "sunk" below the ground textures and experienced what sounds like the same thing you experienced. even after reloading my auto save and reloading Red Dead altogether, I could never move more than 100yds or so w/ out that happening. my autosave was glitched and I could find no way around it, not even through killing my character b/c I'd always reload at that auto save rather than back in New Austin.

now with the 1.02 patch preventing me from glitching over to West Elizabeth I have no way to try and test it out again.
Quote from: 'Ultimate Prosecutor' pid='83589' dateline='1276694283'

When I get on the narrow bit of road leading from Plainview to the crossing, just in the dip in the road, my whole game freezes and quits.

I'm on the last last last mission and it's REALLY annoying. I want to know if it's a map glitch that's occurred since the patch, or if it's just me.

I can't say I have ever experienced that, but it sounds very bizarre. can you describe what you mean when you say the "whole game freezes and quits"? is that literally all that happens or does something similar to what proxi and I described?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 02:08:45 AM by m0j0j0jo »

• Sundance Kid
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2010, 12:16:10 PM »

I can't say I have ever experienced that, but it sounds very bizarre. can you describe what you mean when you say the "whole game freezes and quits"? is that literally all that happens or does something similar to what proxi and I described?

What happens exactly is that I ride down the slope in the direction of the bridge, then my horse or stagecoach slows down or stops. Then if I'm on a horse I fall below the surface, unable to move and after about a minute the game quits to the XMB.

I've only had this problem since yesterday (and I'm 98.3% complete). It happens every time in that exact spot.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 12:29:53 PM by Ultimate Prosecutor »

Offline m0j0j0jo

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2010, 10:32:40 PM »
Quote from: 'Ultimate Prosecutor' pid='84842' dateline='1276791370'

What happens exactly is that I ride down the slope in the direction of the bridge, then my horse or stagecoach slows down or stops. Then if I'm on a horse I fall below the surface, unable to move and after about a minute the game quits to the XMB.

I've only had this problem since yesterday (and I'm 98.3% complete). It happens every time in that exact spot.

that sounds exactly like what I experienced w/ my tall trees glitch. I don't know what causes it, and I could never figure a way to take my character past a certain point in tall trees w/ out that happening.

have you tried going to mexico by other means? like, maybe following railroad tracks, fast travel via camping, or stagecoach?

if nothing else works, hopefully you have a recent back up save. thats ultimately what I had to do.
I was reading through the list of glitches on the wiki page. I've experienced this glitch on the PS3:

"(360/PS3) On the mission An Appointed Time after the player kills Williamson, the Colonel will run away and the player along with Reyes will not be able to move. Marston will remain stationary as if he had still not killed Williamson. Use a Fire Bottle to assault Reyes, thus allowing a reset at the previous checkpoint."

after standing still for maybe a minute or two, the game eventually got back on track and the mission eventually progressed they way it is supposed to.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 10:40:09 PM by m0j0j0jo »

Offline Cilogy

• Consistently In A Sour Mood
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2010, 06:31:01 PM »
I don't know if this has been mentioned before. In one of the final missions at Beecher's Hope, there is a mission where either Jack and John are in the barn together or its just John in the barn. Anyway, I've played through twice and both times I saw a second Jack (but it was the ravaged Jack character model who was attacked in the wild) standing at the back of the barn.

Is this considered a glitch?
[align=center][/align]

Offline goatslunch

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2010, 08:07:50 PM »
Raining Cows and Coytes.
I have notice on one of my profiles I get a lot of underworld glitchs in random locations but not on any other profiles.
When in the underworld in your lucky you can set up a campsite and return to the surface. In most cases it wont let you though.
If your in the uderworld enter dead eye and fire all over the place randomly to trigger a critter rain storm. I have had all sorts of animals falling from the sky.

Offline Cpt_Crunch1991

• Assassin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2010, 12:44:37 AM »
Okay well here is one that can be repeated any amount of times and it works every time. All you have to do is go to Chuparosa and wait til there is a bounty available. Then climb to the very top of the building(by going up the stairs then thru the door, up the ladder, out the door then over the fence around the building and up the roof) after position yourself right where the bounty poster would be and you should be able to press the "view bounty" button. It will teleport you back down in front of the poster.

Maybe not a glitch but something that shouldnt really work that way.

Offline WoodyRDR

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2010, 03:42:46 AM »
New player here, and the one glitch I've run into (and didn't see reported when I scanned teh listings) was that when kneeling at one of the random occupied campsites that show up, in one case, the campers shared their story, then one got up, moved and laid down pretty close to the other (both men, interestingly).  There was animation of them chatting, though no sound, and then they just decided to break camp and leave.

The glitch was that because the campers and their camp had left, the option to stand up from the camp disappeared, leaving Marston stuck in a kneeling position and unable to do anything. Had to reload the game.

Woody

Offline BenjiBoi

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2010, 02:45:31 PM »
I have experienced loads of irksome glitches in the game. One of which is when i picked up a wanted poster in escalera. I could not read the poster my character just held it up and i could not do anything. Another of which was extremely annoying was that the game did not let me use stagecoaches or travelling by campsite. For the stagecoach it just stayed still and changed camera angles and when i got off it , the sturff on the screen stayed there. For campsites it just didn't load and when i left it on it still did not load please help me! and sometimes it gets really laggy