Username: Password:

Author Topic: Official Red Dead Glitch Thread  (Read 28342 times)

Offline Casteyn

• Administrator
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 4679
  • I deal in lead
  • Awards Most helpful member Most respected member Most Missed Member 2014
    • View Profile
    • http://www.clmphotography.net
    • Awards
RE: Official Red Dead Glitch Thread
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2010, 03:15:07 PM »
I haven't had any glitches, but my husband has. Sometimes when he cheats at poker and gets caught and into a draw, once the draw is over the mini-map disappears and none of the letter buttons work. Sucks!

Offline Red Dead Darren

• Liked: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2010, 03:25:15 AM »
im getting annoyed about the Blackwater glitch, if i go full speed on the roads heading into Blackwater, it freezes and skips into the Blackwater area, and then resumes normal play, but it happens randomly.
Red Dead Darren
100% Completion Club

Offline Jimbobthon

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2010, 05:44:51 PM »
Yeah, i have an interesting one.

Multi-player mode, on my screen it says everyone leaves room and on another screen it says i leave the room.  Work it out, cos i don't have a clue on this i'm afraid.

Offline Steveyy

• KreepyBoy x
  • Liked: 232
  • We die alone, but we live among men.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2010, 08:56:04 PM »
I found three glitches today alone.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JncG2Rs3PJY *Hooker Zombie*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM6EeHci_Gk *Weird Half Woman*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DM1yxn5Mw4A *Guy in water but alive*
Also subscribe to me pl0x.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 08:56:41 PM by Steveyy »
When a man with a sing-song voice tells me to fuck off, it always concerns me, boyo.

Offline oneasian

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2010, 04:22:01 PM »
I had to join these forums because I needed to share this error/glitch. It seems to be experienced across both the ps3 and xbox360, and it is in relation to the unending loading screen.

I obtained 100% completion a few weeks ago and decided to give the game a break. Having not played Red Dead for about a week or so (playing other games, watching blu-rays, etc.), my buddy wanted to play Red Dead so I tried loading it up last night.

I press "x" for single player, and the loading screen comes up, and that's it. Infinite loading, nothing happening. I've tried quitting the game numerous times, cleaning the disk (there was nothing to clean anyway), rebooting, turing off the system completely to try again, and still nothing.

At this point in time, I'm totally cut off from Single Player. The Multiplayer still loads ( I wont even get into the new connection issues that I've been experiencing), and I even tried going into single player from multiplayer, only to get the same results - infinite loading screen.

I had experienced this problem all the time before when playing Red Dead and trying to go from Multiplayer to Single Player - it would never load, and I would always have to restart.

However, last night and today is the worst glitch/error I've ever had for any game on the ps3. I've googled it online and haven't found anything conclusive, other than that a "small" number of people are experiencing the same infinite loading screen when trying to load single player. At first I thought it was my system, but it loads and plays everything else just fine.

There's a video on youtube that shows the same problem I'm experiencing (the video maker has a 360, I have a ps3, same error regardless):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBn4JjKfFOI

WHAT GIVES??
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 04:24:04 PM by oneasian »

Offline Apache Kid

• "We'll rob a Mexican monkey"
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 86
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2010, 07:23:12 PM »
Quote from: 'sgtsteve1295' pid='128166' dateline='1280105764'

I found three glitches today alone.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JncG2Rs3PJY *Hooker Zombie*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM6EeHci_Gk *Weird Half Woman*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DM1yxn5Mw4A *Guy in water but alive*
Also subscribe to me pl0x.

You aren't the only one with that water glitch, I done the "Flowers for a Lady" and then I hogtied him and then put him in the small lake behind me, which people had said he dies there, but he kept squerming for like 5 minutes until I left.

Offline Hellboy

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2010, 05:28:50 PM »
Quote from: 'Red Dead Darren' pid='127633' dateline='1280042715'

im getting annoyed about the Blackwater glitch, if i go full speed on the roads heading into Blackwater, it freezes and skips into the Blackwater area, and then resumes normal play, but it happens randomly.

I have had the same one, right as I am passing the cemetery... last time it did it, my horse and character were launched into a building on the corner.  It looked like a glass house on the inside, no way out and the camp didn't work because I was in Blackwater.  Couldn't shoot through it, but the fire bottles did light people on fire who were standing outside... lots of cops burned by the time I ran out of bottles.

Had my horse stuck in a building while in "Thieves Landing"... that was odd as well?

Offline Legion

• Gator
  • TWO
  • Liked: 3074
  • Awards Funniest member Biggest spammer Awarded to the user voted as the Most likely to flee to Mexico
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2010, 05:39:09 PM »
Glowing Spots = Alien Banditos

Offline RedDeadRevolver

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2010, 03:10:59 PM »
I have a weird glitch were sometimes if Im playing in single player ( and some times multiplayer) I cant take out any of my weapons people stop moving and then when I get on my horse the game makes me lose control the camera starts moving it self and my character freezes and then it moves a few feet and it keeps doing it then eventually ill just fall through the ground.

Offline Grandma

• Mew mew mewwwww.
  • Liked: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2010, 02:31:11 PM »
I've encountered a glitch yesterday while on my 4th playthrough. I went to Pike's Basin before doing any marshal missions, and killed some criminals there. Each criminal I killed brought me up one honor rank (1 kill = honest joe, 2 = peacemaker ect.) Kinda weird, yet benificial at the same time.

Offline train bandicoot

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2010, 07:31:38 PM »
im in plain veiw at this very moment there is a guy with a chair stuck in his arm...
it turns out the "chair" was a "cigar"
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 07:35:15 PM by train bandicoot »
it\'s a good day to do what has to be done by me and not my brother to defeat the enemys! :D

Offline wild west willie

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2010, 10:04:12 AM »
don't know if it's a glitch but it's annoying anyway. you can't leave cover and reload at the same time (pressing B and then leave cover).
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 10:05:54 AM by wild west willie »

Offline Red Dead Revenge

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2010, 02:13:57 AM »
Only glitch I've experienced so far. I was somewhere in Mexico killing a huge number of wolves and got tired of that so I headed to Chuparosa to sell all my stuff. Before I could get into town some guy tells me his horse has been stolen. I kill the thief, get the horse and bring it to the owner. He thanks me and starts to walk to his horse which is just standing there when a message pops up saying I failed because the horse had dead, THEN the horse dropped dead for no reason. I shrugged it off and headed to the market. Sold all my catch to the shopkeeper. Exit the Buy/Sell screen and a message pops up saying the shopkeeper has died and the shop will be closed for a few days. Meanwhile the shopkeeper is standing infront of me, perfectly fine. Next day the market was opened.

Offline ThaGreatGazoo

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2010, 03:22:27 AM »
Just got the new free add on and did all the things for the hunters outfit. Says I have it in the outfits list in pause menu, but whenever I go to a safehouse or camp, the option to change outfits isn't there. I'm stuck with the clothes on my back.

Offline Grandma

• Mew mew mewwwww.
  • Liked: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2010, 10:51:38 PM »
Quote from: 'ThaGreatGazoo' pid='196464' dateline='1286954547'

Just got the new free add on and did all the things for the hunters outfit. Says I have it in the outfits list in pause menu, but whenever I go to a safehouse or camp, the option to change outfits isn't there. I'm stuck with the clothes on my back.

How far you into the game? There is a certin point in the game where you can't change your outfits.

Offline trimike226

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2010, 03:22:38 PM »
Hey, when I go to collect the rank 2 treasure, I get to the location and the prompt to uncover the treasure doesn't pop up. I read a few places where others have had the same problem. Anybody have any solutions to fix? Thanks

Offline Kernel Popanator

• Myth Hunter.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2010, 10:22:32 AM »
I just kidnapped a lady from Thieves Landing and brought her to Beechers Hope, I cut her loose, she then stood up and did the Chair Animation and sat at the table, I turned around and saw a Horse in my House stuck in the Fireplace.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 10:22:58 AM by Kernel Popanator »
[align=center]Kernel Popanator, Gunslinger of the West[/align]

[align=center]Personal Myth Hunter.[/align][/u][/size]

[align=center]Have a Myth you want me to solve? Then PM me with what Myth

Offline Red Wagon

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2010, 11:34:38 AM »
Whenever I use the Hank Sutter Marshal multiplayer character, his pistol holster is weird. It appears that his pistol/revolver sticks out, like the gun isn't all the way down in the holster. It looks really weird. Does anyone else have this problem with this multiplayer character, and if so, is there anyway it can be fixed?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 11:35:22 AM by Red Wagon »

Offline Kernel Popanator

• Myth Hunter.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2010, 10:36:04 PM »
Lol I just Hogtied the Piano player in Armadillo and he was drunk, I picked him up and he didn't move. Pic below. (I put him on my Kentucky Soldier but the Horse ran away and the guy was gone. :( )

[align=center]Kernel Popanator, Gunslinger of the West[/align]

[align=center]Personal Myth Hunter.[/align][/u][/size]

[align=center]Have a Myth you want me to solve? Then PM me with what Myth

Offline kwatie

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2010, 10:06:10 PM »
I have a problem. I use a PS3, and when i paid a good SGD$13.89 for the Undead Nightmare Pack, I waited for it to download then install. When I eagerly opened up RDR and checked for it, it had installed alright, but when i tried to play it, it took me to the DLC menu where is said I had nothing installed. I tried it again and same thing. On the 3rd try it stopped taking me to the DLC page and instead when I select it, nothing happens. Its as if the game doesn't recognize the fact I bought, downloaded and installed the DLC. I tested it with other DLC, and the same thing. My RDR isn't recognizing my DLC. Could someone please help, or redirect me to a thread that focuses on this issue? Thanks