Username: Password:

Author Topic: Official Red Dead Glitch Thread  (Read 28898 times)

Offline Davidian

• Liked: 0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/th3d4v1d14n
    • Awards
RE: Official Red Dead Glitch Thread
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2010, 04:37:28 AM »
I ran into a manbearpig the other day.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1WoKIKXaQA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1WoKIKXaQA</a>
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 12:19:04 PM by Jasmine »

Offline Lampslayer

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2010, 10:07:04 PM »
I have a glitch where when ever i get close to solomon's folly or plainview  (also happens around Casa Madrugada and out side of El Pesidio, I can be inside the fort but not around it) my Player starts to no clip into the ground or any buildings that are around and it will eventualy freeze. (Also when i try and bring up any menus the backround color changes to the menus backround colors will be there but there is no actual menu) When it freezes i then have to restart my playstion totaly not just the game. This happens in both single player and multiplayer and has been happing for the last 3 or so months (as i have just ignored being able to fast travel around the locations) this makes me unable to get into mexico when traveling by horse. But since undead Nightmare has come out I am now unable to finsh the story (and i would also like to start doing solomons folly again) but if any one know how to fix this it would be much appreceated if you gave me some info on how to fix this thanks!

Offline Wolfmaster

• the wolves come to my beckoning...
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2010, 02:51:50 PM »
people or things keep zooming at light speed around the screen sometimes, once in sepulcro a fella hoon in and smashed into the liars dice table and just dissappeared:/
same kinda thing at bearclaw camp a thing (too fast to see, just a blur) just zoomed of the edge of a cliff and i could hear a guy screaming:0
and also once i was just going to get the last treasure and some marshalls were chasing a crim so i shot him but i had the shotgun on so i ended up spraying one of the marshals a bit so i made a runner for the treasure and he followed me up the hill.
i got the treasure, went out, and he was just standin doing nothing. soooo, i walked into him and pushed him of a cliff and he didnt even stumble he just slid/fell down standing up :o

AND...i once shot a fella at rio del diablo(i hope thats what its called) the big arch in mexico, and then i got hit from gunfire from nowhere, so i investigated and found this fella half in the ground shooting at me so i disarmed him and he warped back to ground level and ran away. BUT i went back to the spot and i could hear a horse grunting and shit but i couldnt see it, obvously underground......  :/
and if you go to manzanita post and nudge/push all the guys into the telegraph box (where you pay a bounty) and then pay your bounty, the guy cant get past everyone so the money or pardon letter just floats into the drawer  :)
on the stranger mission where you have to give the guy the white horse, the person wasnt next to the chinaman so the chinese fella passed the broom over and the "invisible/not there" guy carried the broom inside and i looked like it was just floating :D
ummmmm, how do i put in a spoiler tag?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 03:17:26 PM by Wolfmaster »
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.                                    --------------------------------:bomb2::rifle:--------------------------------------
----------------------------------HEADSHOT----------------------------------------

Offline Wolfmaster

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2010, 11:44:10 PM »
And, ages ago, the first thing i noticed was that johnM took ages to open the chest in my house, and then  i was driving Nigel W D to some place and then something happened as  i left armadillo and my player symbol on the mini-map flicked around everywhere and the i found myself invisible and half underground. i went and got on my horse and i looked kinda cool coz i was invisible :)  i aimed and my guy appeared but there were no shops or missions to go to on my map!
had to restart the game :/
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.                                    --------------------------------:bomb2::rifle:--------------------------------------
----------------------------------HEADSHOT----------------------------------------

Offline Suckbag

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2010, 02:10:35 PM »
Deer skin glitch, I sell a few deer skins, then once I've sold them all, I have infinate deer skins, and I can just keep selling them for $9, so I can make loads of money from it. :D

Offline Wolfmaster

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2010, 01:37:46 PM »
i did a cart rampage and was running everyone over and i saw a cliff and thought it would be fun to drive off :/
i landed ok but john bounced off and lay on the ground just sliding VERY slowly and he wouldnt get up :( only things i could do were change weapons and open the start menu
a similar glitch happened in armadillo when i was drunk and got hit by a stagecoach  :0
Quote from: 'Suckbag' pid='222050' dateline='1289157035'
Deer skin glitch, I sell a few deer skins, then once I've sold them all, I have infinate deer skins, and I can just keep selling them for $9, so I can make loads of money from it. :D

EPIC!!
no guys im not lying, no my game isnt hacked or pirated or anything, ive just been playing it for AGES and the glitches have all built up.  :D[
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 01:42:31 PM by Wolfmaster »

Offline Suckbag

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2010, 04:19:10 PM »
Quote from: 'Wolfmaster' pid='222786' dateline='1289241466'

i did a cart rampage and was running everyone over and i saw a cliff and thought it would be fun to drive off :/
i landed ok but john bounced off and lay on the ground just sliding VERY slowly and he wouldnt get up :( only things i could do were change weapons and open the start menu
a similar glitch happened in armadillo when i was drunk and got hit by a stagecoach  :0

Quote from: 'Suckbag' pid='222050' dateline='1289157035'

EPIC!!

no guys im not lying, no my game isnt hacked or pirated or anything, ive just been playing it for AGES and the glitches have all built up.  :D[

IKR, i dont think its really a glitch, but, I had this stick of dynamite in my hand, threw it at a boars head and killed it, the dynamite didnt even go off lol. :s funny though

Offline Wolfmaster

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2010, 08:20:23 PM »
^^^^LOL

and another one;
i was in mexico, i cant remember where, and i walked out into a corridor to see this fella sitting backwards on a bench chair with his legs through the gap between the seat and the backrest, but thats not all; the chair was backed to a wall so i pushed him and he disappeared into the wall but his elbow was still poking out!

and in a bar in blackwater i pushed a guy and the slave/maid girl ran out but her broom just magically continued to stand up where she had been  :)

Offline Wolfmaster

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2010, 11:25:46 PM »
ROFL:::
i was doing survivalist missions and was in west elizabeth when i came across 2 men riding a cart, yet the cart didn't exist so they were just floating/ sitting in mid air!
i know the cart didn't exist (wasn't just invisible)  coz i couldn't car-jack it and they weren't holding reins and there were no horses or horsey noises around.

And about 3 meters behind these two floating fellas, were two guys just sitting on the road, except one guy was half way in the road :/

I tried pushing and robbing/threatening all 4 fellas mentioned and they did not react except kind of changed direction when i kicked/pushed them!!!!!!!!!  :0

BUT they shot me in the back as i walked away  :(

Photos here:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=30538&id=100001008067963&l=9b4de2559c
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 11:22:01 PM by Wolfmaster »

Offline Wolfmaster

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2010, 09:39:04 PM »
disturbing:
At Macfarlanes ranch i pulled the driver of the stage coach but the guy stayed on like a glitch and John said "Gimme!" and the fella said "F**CK ME!" and then john proceeded to sit on the fella!  0_o
but then the guy warped to the ground and ran away   :)

Offline drewdrew

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2010, 07:08:41 AM »
so not sure if this is a glitch or what.
but the other day i was running up to a town in mexico, forget which one it was chuperosa i think, the one where u do landon rickets missions, neways a guy ran up to me telling me somone stole his horse, so i start running off after the horse but cos i was only on foot i thought nah stuff it he can steal it, so i go to running back towards the town and it pops up n tells me the i failed and the horse got away, straight after that i get a wanted level for 5.... it was as if i was in trouble for not catching the horse thief.

Offline Stan

• That one guy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2010, 09:05:07 PM »
I'm sick of enemies sinking inside the walls of Pike's Basin, so deep that they can't be killed with dynamite but can kill me, not allowing me to finish the Hideout.
Herbert Moon is a RACIST

Offline Gametupia

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2010, 09:31:28 AM »
I was wondering out of tall trees, when 5 police ran past me, I turned round, and one was stuck in the ground. The horse was galloping whilst underground with just its head poking out, and the man was half in the ground. Then the horse died for some reason, so I lassoed the man and dragged him around tall trees.

Offline Nick_the_gunslinger

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: December 21, 2010, 07:02:01 PM »
This one is really odd. I just got more than a fistful achievement. So i go and check my gamerscore and its set back to 0. Then i go to my dashboard and my entire profile is corrupted. I sorted out the corruption issue, but when i got another achievement, this time it was What about Hand Grenades? THE SAME THING HAPPENED! Im almost to 100% completion and i really dont want to be blocked from getting achievements.  Any help?

Offline bloodbulletsandspaghetti

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: December 26, 2010, 09:50:04 PM »
Stan, gotta agree.  Every 2nd time I play Pike's Basin, an enemy spawns so deep in the ground that dynamite can't save the day.  I think this is even more frustrating than people hiding in building "basements" and picking off passersby -- and that's pretty darn annoying!

Offline LON3 T1G3R

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2011, 02:49:10 PM »
OK so, I have a new glitch. Its sorta has nothing to do with the game play. I bought Red Dead Redemption on the Marketplace a few days ago, when I first tried it, it worked, but now when I play it, I get to the start screen, and it says checking for installed downloads or something, and then the screen goes black, and it takes me back to the Xbox Dashboard.

Quote from: 'm0j0j0jo' pid='83135' dateline='1276650013'

after taking a look at the massive list of glitches on the wiki page, it seems necessary that there be a thread dedicated to the reporting, discussing, testing, and verification of glitches. perhaps a moderator can sticky this thread if necessary.

I pulled this short list of confirmed glitches from the X-Files thread. this list was put together by FaceShot117, so I give all due credit to him and any others that assisted in compiling this list. my goal is for this thread to serve a more useful and productive purpose than the X-Files thread which has basically turned into a rumor, speculation, and myth thread.

this isn't a myth or paranormal thread. myth/paranormal discussion should remain in the X-Files thread. this thread's purpose is to report and verify game glitches and bugs. please do not discuss previously confirmed glitches. thanks.

Current glitches

here are some recently reported glitches:

Bugged Game/Broken Storyline

Mexican Bounty/Telegraph glitch

Wiki Glitch List

Confirmed Glitches[/u]

Case 1: The werewolf---SOLVED
Status: The lack of any new evidence on this beast leads one to the conclusion of what was posted in the first picture is a skin glitch.
The "werewolf" will be deemed a skin glitch unless otherwise proven true with photographic evidence and verification by multiple people. otherwise, keep "sightings" in the X-Files thread.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v254/ingenting/wolf2.jpg
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj288/rickb110/werewolfr.jpg?t=1274897076
THIS was the image that was proved to be a fake, not the first one.  And its only still here because it shows what a obvious photoshop job it is, unlike the first pic.

Case 2: The Mexican zombie---SOLVED

Case 3: The haunting of Tumbleweed mansion---SOLVED...probably!
Status: While first proposed as a spawning glitch this myth is quickly turning into something plausible. this has been investigated pretty thoroughly in the X-Files thread and there is probably some truth to the Tumbleweed haunting. I don't feel this needs to be investigated any further in this thread. please keep discussion of the Tumbleweed haunting in the X-Files thread.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PGLeA-sJ6M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wcfZ-uDpzM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ES0UrZ6oC8&
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roBK74LlU3M

m0j0j0jo: In the Tumbleweed mansion, there is also a glitch that occurs where the gangmembers in the mansion are invisible. I've read other people report this and personally experienced this myself. you'll hear them talking and they'll react to things you do and your character likewise reacts to them, saying things like "excuse me mister" as you walk past them. however, they are invisible and will not try to fight you.

Case 4: Donkey woman---SOLVED
Status: Proved to be a skin glitch often associated with pirated versions of the game.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7q7v4F8r9Og

Case 5: Flying people and creatures---SOLVED
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYdCvN-ukRY

Case 6: Sidewinder Gulch anomalies
Status: Under investigation. I'm not really familiar with these anomalies, but this discussion should probably be left in the X-Files thread unless there is some legitimate reason to investigate game glitches there.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0Y6KUslF7g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBuXLqa6xlI

Offline RugbyRDRNut

• Startled The Witch
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2011, 01:09:50 PM »
I know of a Glitch in RDR, in the mission where you join Marshal Leigh Johnson and his deputies, and there is a massacre at ridgewood farm, inside the barn there are tons of dead people. They all (even though dead) move their heads repetetivley! Creepy of What? Heres a link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6molGKImQYI
P.S it's my first time so sorry if I sound Stupid

Offline floofgoofer

• TWO
  • Liked: 1892
  • When I think about you... I pull RT
  • Awards Best username
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2011, 03:33:49 PM »
Found a wagon in Armadillo saloon today!  The funniest part is there was one of the Pike's Basin boys just sitting there watching it with his feet kicked up, lol.

I was entertained enough to grab a cell phone recording.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXkErXuTFJI

EDIT: How do I embed the uTube video?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 03:39:52 PM by floofgoofer »

Offline DeathWishDamo

• Herbalist
  • Liked: 9
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: June 06, 2011, 02:03:55 PM »
Has anyone ever witnessed a man riding on another man or even a man reined up to pull a stagecoach? Lol, funniest thing I've heard of recently.
"Im just chewing the dog mister. I dont mean nothing by it."

Offline DeathWishDamo

• Herbalist
  • Liked: 9
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2011, 04:46:07 AM »
I've now killed 22 bison, glitch or not?
"Im just chewing the dog mister. I dont mean nothing by it."