Username: Password:

Author Topic: Worth playing?  (Read 4173 times)

Offline McShane

• Liked: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Worth playing?
« on: May 04, 2010, 11:00:07 PM »
Hey guys,

I just got my hands on my first console, a nice ps3 slim. I am wondering if you know wheter or not RD-revolver is compatible with the PS3? ( since it is a ps2 game originally). And  if so, is it worth playing while I wait for RD-redemption? I am wondering if the controls are the same, since I need to sharpen up my ps3-controller-skills for the 21st.
Thanks in advance
McShane

Offline Grubster11

• RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH
  • Liked: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
RE: Worth playing?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 11:03:16 PM »
Quote from: 'McShane' pid='10976' dateline='1273028407'

Hey guys,

I just got my hands on my first console, a nice ps3 slim. I am wondering if you know wheter or not RD-revolver is compatible with the PS3? ( since it is a ps2 game originally). And  if so, is it worth playing while I wait for RD-redemption? I am wondering if the controls are the same, since I need to sharpen up my ps3-controller-skills for the 21st.
Thanks in advance
McShane

Since you have the new PS3, it's not backwards compatible. So no PS2 games for you.
And there's no need to play RDRevolver. Not connected at all, even the controls.
[align=center]
Sig made by TheBaxterEffect [/align]

Offline McShane

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 11:17:58 PM »
Thanks, then I wont buy it :)

Offline Mrmonopolyguy

• Pro Badass
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 12:04:15 AM »
It is BC on 360 so would anyone recommend I pick it up at my local Gamestop?

Offline Grubster11

• RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 07:28:44 AM »
Quote from: 'Mrmonopolyguy' pid='11010' dateline='1273032255'

No. Seriously.
It would just upset you because it's NOTHING like RDRedemption.
Quote from: 'Mrmonopolyguy' pid='11010' dateline='1273032255'

No. Seriously.
It would just upset you because it's NOTHING like RDRedemption.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 07:28:44 AM by Grubster11 »
[align=center]
Sig made by TheBaxterEffect [/align]

Offline DiamondBackDylan

• MOD
  • D WILD BUNCH
  • Liked: 26
  • Bring on V! I am SO ready!!!
  • Awards Awarded to the user voted as the Most missed member
    • View Profile
    • ChristopherConcepts.com
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 12:32:10 PM »
If you guys are looking for a quick Western game to play while waiting on RDR, go with GUN. Imo, it was way better than Revolver and had the best ridable horse up until that point.

Its story is extremely short, tho, so take your time with it. ;)

Offline Mrmonopolyguy

• Pro Badass
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2010, 01:41:57 PM »
Alright I won't pick it up instead my friend is letting me borrow Splinter Cell: Conviction that should help pass the time.............I hope

Offline JamestheDoc

• Five Rounds Loaded
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2010, 10:32:31 AM »
Red Dead Revolver certainly isn't anything like the sandbox hit Redemption is, but it's still a fun game and its existence is the reason we can even enjoy Redemption.  If Rockstar hadn't picked it up, I hate to imagine what I'd have done with myself this summer.

If you ever get the chance, do play it.  It was fun back in the day, and perhaps you could appreciate it in that respect.  Redemption also has a good deal of imagery in it that kind of goes back to Revolver, and I think playing it would give you a more complete sense of respect for the game we have now with Redemption.

I don't see it costing anything more than five dollars.

So, if you get the chance, I say play it.
100% Completion Club

Offline Gilbert \"Hunter\" Barrett

• Desert Prowler
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2010, 07:06:13 AM »
Quote from: 'JamestheDoc' pid='51538' dateline='1274970751'

Red Dead Revolver certainly isn't anything like the sandbox hit Redemption is, but it's still a fun game and its existence is the reason we can even enjoy Redemption.  If Rockstar hadn't picked it up, I hate to imagine what I'd have done with myself this summer.

If you ever get the chance, do play it.  It was fun back in the day, and perhaps you could appreciate it in that respect.  Redemption also has a good deal of imagery in it that kind of goes back to Revolver, and I think playing it would give you a more complete sense of respect for the game we have now with Redemption.

I don't see it costing anything more than five dollars.

So, if you get the chance, I say play it.

Hear, hear !

Offline swisha1712

• Wielka Niedźwiedzica
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2010, 09:46:17 AM »
Quote from: 'McShane' pid='10989' dateline='1273029478'

then you will miss the game of the year
Quote from: \'DocRikowski\' pid=\'36828\' dateline=\'1274393379\'
Germany always has a chance to win. Why?  Cause it\'s Germany.

:)

Offline russik112

• Yosemite Sam Argh!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2010, 01:14:16 PM »
Quote from: 'swisha1712' pid='53362' dateline='1275054377'

Quote from: 'McShane' pid='10989' dateline='1273029478'

then you will miss the game of the year

Hey Erich von Manschtien he is talking about RD Revolver.:whip:

Offline Sammich

• MP Ghost Mode-
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2010, 01:54:44 PM »
Its a great game but since the standards to graphics and visualization have changed dramatically since then I doubt you will enjoy it.

The name alone is what sold me the sequel, the multiplayer and story was a blast. If you havn't played the original, then the title of the game must not make much sense to ya ;/

Offline Eli_Wallach

• D WILD BUNCH
  • Liked: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2010, 08:51:45 PM »
The graphics of the first title were more cartoony and stylised so haven't aged that badly, and the local multiplayer is a blast, as is the Good the Bad and the Ugly bridge scene.

Red Dead Revolver is well worth your time, but the only similarity is in the Red Eye.

Also, it was a corridor shooter of sorts, as was GUN (GUN just had reasonably big corridors) Red Dead Redemption is the first truly open world Western.

CRC

Offline cleverwordplay

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2010, 03:03:13 AM »
Quote from: 'Eli_Wallach' pid='59881' dateline='1275353505'

Also, it was a corridor shooter of sorts, as was GUN (GUN just had reasonably big corridors) Red Dead Redemption is the first truly open world Western.

CRC

GUN actually had quite a large enviroment with towns being similar (granted less animated this is a ps2) to Red Dead Redemption and with quite a lot of land to explore I doubt you could call it a corridoor shooter.

In my opinion Rockstar were obviously inspired in a good way by GUN

Offline Eli_Wallach

• D WILD BUNCH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2010, 08:51:27 AM »
Quote from: 'cleverwordplay' pid='62377' dateline='1275462193'

Quote from: 'Eli_Wallach' pid='59881' dateline='1275353505'

CRC

GUN actually had quite a large enviroment with towns being similar (granted less animated this is a ps2) to Red Dead Redemption and with quite a lot of land to explore I doubt you could call it a corridoor shooter.

In my opinion Rockstar were obviously inspired in a good way by GUN

I think you can. There were towns, there were large open places, but if you drew a map of of the world of GUN you'd be drawning a series of corridors - very wide corridors, but still corridors.

I agree with your second point.

CRC

Offline The Marston Bro

• Dirty Outlaw
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2010, 07:24:17 PM »
I played both Red Dead Revolver and Gun through on my PS2 last weekend.
I was curious to find out how far have we come from those days.
Of course I had played both of them time of two but my memory isn't that clear when it comes to gameplay and graphics.
I must say that even though Red Dead Redemption is lightyears ahead of those games I still enjoyed them greatly. But there was more challenge ( I didn't find any challenge in Redemption - almost too easy), may it be less technically sound handlings or fewer checkpoints. But that didn't stop me from finishing them in a day or two. All in all both of them are still pretty great entertainment. Gun is more like Redemption mostly because it's a freeroaming game and more realistic. But I must admit that it's story is short as mosquitos dick. Revolver on the otherhand is all the way out there and crazy, but there is almost none of that freeroaming.
But, for everyone who is curious and willing to play dated games they might be quite adventure.

Offline CartoonLyon

• Slighty aggy voice of reason
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2010, 07:42:34 AM »
Quote from: 'Grubster11' pid='10978' dateline='1273028596'

And there's no need to play RDRevolver. Not connected at all, even the controls.

You are right in theres no need to play it although you would miss out. Its a great lil game. Compare it by todays graphical standards course its not going to stand up but its still massively playable. You can pick up a copy second hand for like £1.50 these days. Great value.

2nd point, the controls. IN FACT the dueling system is identical. As is Dead Eye. The rest of the controls granted but thats because R* used the same engine as GTa. Might as well port the controls over if they work init?

Theres also some rough connection in level design of revolver and some of the areas in Redemption. Stage 8 of revolver is a little like Pikes Basin etc.
DEVOUR PUNY INSECT

Offline Eli_Wallach

• D WILD BUNCH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2010, 07:32:55 PM »
Nice comments bro - but there's a level like Pike's Basin in most Western shooters! Anyone ever play Lucasart's Outlaws? That was gold. C64's Kane and Law of the West were pretty awesome too, at the time.

CRC

Offline RevyRevolver

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2010, 10:04:15 PM »
With the comments about Gun and Revolver....no no no. Red Dead Revolver started it, they came out with GUN way later, and yes it is good, but Red Dead Revolver is great and has a great multiplayer. I used to play that game hardcore, so dont put down red dead revolver. I still play that game today with an old freind of mine. The character selection is great as well, i really wish they did it more like that for the red dead online they have now. I totally agree with everything The Marston Bro said, maybe I should have just said that.

Offline proximityinfotech6

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2010, 07:36:34 AM »
this is where the ID comes in, a unique identifier.
The problem is that if the user does not have javascript enabled your page will be invalid and break.
So we switch to classes.

Link Building| Link Building Services