Username: Password:

Author Topic: Redemption is to Revolver...  (Read 6483 times)

Offline DiamondBackDylan

• MOD
  • D WILD BUNCH
  • Liked: 25
  • Bring on V! I am SO ready!!!
  • Awards Awarded to the user voted as the Most missed member
    • View Profile
    • ChristopherConcepts.com
    • Awards
RE: Redemption is to Revolver...
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2010, 03:52:04 PM »
Quote from: 'Spaghetti Arts' pid='148615' dateline='1282187423'

...Rockstar is most likely going to continue with the Zombie fest to appease the legions of 13 year olds and take their parents $.

13 yr olds are not the only zombie fans...lol :P

Offline Spaghetti Arts

• Liked: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2010, 12:03:26 AM »
Quote from: 'DiamondBackDylan' pid='149367' dateline='1282247524'

...Rockstar is most likely going to continue with the Zombie fest to appease the legions of 13 year olds and take their parents $.

Sorry 'DiamondBackDylan' I meant to say 13 yr olds and those who think like one :P

You do know that the whole Zombie theme is a metafor for the 'brainless' masses.

Offline Maestro_MAD

• Leader of the Outlaw\'s Brotherhood
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/sannypanny
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2010, 12:49:40 AM »
I guess the zombie thing is kewl.
I mean it adds a little spice to the genre.

I mean, don't you ever feel a little long winded by all this seriousness?
I have to take second breaths just to get through. I can appreciate a good story, and Redemption has it, but you can't tell me in any situation in life you haven't skipped the bs and cut straight to the chase.

My point is zombies are funny mostly, and will be in Redemption.
So I feel it'll counter balance some of the noir-yet-western-esque vibes and melancholy themes.

Plus I like zombies.

Offline Spaghetti Arts

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2010, 06:17:44 PM »
Quote from: 'Maestro_MAD' pid='149789' dateline='1282279780'

I guess the zombie thing is kewl.
I mean it adds a little spice to the genre.

I mean, don't you ever feel a little long winded by all this seriousness?
I have to take second breaths just to get through. I can appreciate a good story, and Redemption has it, but you can't tell me in any situation in life you haven't skipped the bs and cut straight to the chase.

My point is zombies are funny mostly, and will be in Redemption.
So I feel it'll counter balance some of the noir-yet-western-esque vibes and melancholy themes.

Plus I like zombies.

I don't agree, that's why we have dedicated Zombie games. Play Left 4 Dead 1+2, Dead Rising 1+2, Resident Evil 4+5 and Darkwatch (for western themed zombies) if you want your Zombie fix.

Can't they just leave a western a western, we don't have that many to choose from.

Offline Maestro_MAD

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2010, 10:26:19 PM »
Or you don't buy the DLC, keep it western.

Offline HIT_THE_TRAIL

• idk should say something here tho
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2010, 02:39:47 PM »
well someone said Revolver is to Redemption as San Andreas is to GTAIV and i agree but for a different reason. both earlier games were way cooler and more fun. good graphics dont equal a good game. now R* has got the better graphics going but they lost alot of the fun factor imo. the cars in San Andreas couldnt compare visually and handling wise to say Gran Turismo but holy hell the fun crazy cool things you could do. Revolver you couldnt hop on a super great looking horse and go explore the country side but the weapns looked neat. being able to buy a new one was a cool thing. dude that Revolver doesnt have good graphics is news to me because in my mind it looks as cool as when i played it. graphics quality doesnt mean shit. will todays graphics totally suck in ten years and will that mean for all of you who super love Redemption now that it will suck in the future?
just a typed sig...you dig...just words and stuff should be enough...dont need cool graphics at all. i think ill write a wall....of text. what should i say next? idk and idc not really trying to take this rhyme anywhere. i would post in the rap thread but if i do...nah no one cares only me. im the o

Offline Jinola

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2010, 02:53:19 PM »
So far, I actually prefer Revolver, but that's because I assosiate it with a part of my life that I miss, being able to play games 24/8 - stress-free.
My 360s are broken right now (suprise suprise), but maybe when I can be bothered to fix Redemption will become my favourite. Until then, they're both fun! But revolver was really really good, at the time.

Offline DiamondBackDylan

• MOD
  • D WILD BUNCH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2010, 03:45:25 PM »
Quote from: 'Spaghetti Arts' pid='149758' dateline='1282277006'

Sorry 'DiamondBackDylan' I meant to say 13 yr olds and those who think like one :P

You do know that the whole Zombie theme is a metaPHor for the 'brainless' masses.

Yea...and the protagonists 'Braining' the brainless masses...

And I agree with whoever said if you want to keep it strictly a western, then dont download the Z-DLC...simple.

...and I may 'think' like a 13 year old, but at least I don't spell like one...lol ;)

Offline Frank the bunny

• I\'m a bunny
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100000608657666
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2010, 04:09:55 PM »
Quote from: 'DiamondBackDylan' pid='154636' dateline='1282765525'

You do know that the whole Zombie theme is a metaPHor for the 'brainless' masses.

And I agree with whoever said if you want to keep it strictly a western, then dont download the Z-DLC...simple.

...and I may 'think' like a 13 year old, but at least I don't spell like one...lol ;)

OHHHHHH SHNAPPPPP!!!!

100% Completion Club

Offline Spaghetti Arts

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2010, 08:29:48 PM »

Sorry for the error, English is not my first language (how many do you speak?), typical comment from a Zombie loving immature 13 something year old though. Can't come up with a reasonable argument so you poke fun at my spelling.

Yeah I know I don't have to purchase the Z-DLC, I'm just saying that there are already plenty of Zombie games out, couldn't they just leave RDR a western.

Offline Maestro_MAD

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2010, 05:53:30 AM »
Well the Zombie Pack will offer more than just zombies.
They just use it as an umbrella term to further a more supernatural sensation to the game.
Since the old west was based on legends and rumors, I see it fit that they go the extra step to actually incorporate some.

Offline Andrew.8

• Marston Elite
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2010, 02:49:04 PM »
Quote from: 'Spaghetti Arts' pid='159350' dateline='1283300988'

Sorry for the error, English is not my first language (how many do you speak?), typical comment from a Zombie loving immature 13 something year old though. Can't come up with a reasonable argument so you poke fun at my spelling.

Yeah I know I don't have to purchase the Z-DLC, I'm just saying that there are already plenty of Zombie games out, couldn't they just leave RDR a western.

I agree, Dead Rising 2 is coming out i for one will be playing that a hell of alot more then RDRedemption Z-DLC.

Offline Gringo666

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2010, 09:12:35 AM »
To be honest I've never even played Revolver. I've known about it since 2004 though.

My best comparison would be Call Of Juarez: Bound In Blood. After coming from that I was just jaw dropped by RDR.

Offline Simple_Man_tm

• Sooner Or Later, God Will Cut You Down\'
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2010, 11:40:45 AM »
I personally loved the Spaghetti Western feel to Revolver.
Revolver: Spaghetti Western with kick-@$$ music & the true western feel.
Redemption: Realistic depiction of corrupt government, revolution, & degenerates thriving off the weak & poor. Open-World game depicting the dying days of the Wild West, with a violent, western feel to it. Makes use of dark comedy as well the grit & violence of the West.
The comparison is clear. May I say more?
Redemption is to Revolver as a penny is to a $100 bill.
They're both pieces of currency, but one's worth more than the other.
Revolver is a great game & I'll be keeping my copy for as long as possible.
Redemption is just a much larger package with a much larger world & deeper, sometimes depressing, feel. But it all just adds up for a truly great game. If it does not compete for the Game Of The Year award, there's no justice.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 07:23:20 PM by Simple_Man_tm »

100% Completion Club
100% Undead Nightmare Club
Rider Of Death
B

Offline Rukus

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2010, 11:33:55 PM »
I too want Read Dead 3 to be more fantasy western like Revolver. UD Nightmare was a step in the right direction.
TRAINS, UNDEAD FREEROAM, AND MORE THAN 16 PLAYER FREE ROAM ARE NOT POSSIBLE! CLICK LINK TO LEARN WHY!

http://www.reddead.net/forums/thread-free-roam-additions

Offline DiamondBackDylan

• MOD
  • D WILD BUNCH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2010, 02:01:56 PM »
Quote from: 'Spaghetti Arts' pid='159350' dateline='1283300988'

Hey, dude...you started it with the '13 yr old' comment.  I was just trying to say that there are adult zombie fans too.  And now that the DLC has come out, you can see that you can even download it and STILL play the game like a normal western!

And Dead Rising II is fun as sh*t!  I don't personally like the very cartoony style of it, but the game-play is amazing.

I would also be disappointed if the next Read Dead was not a strict Western...

Btw, I am 42. ;)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 02:02:50 PM by DiamondBackDylan »

Offline Maestro_MAD

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2010, 05:11:16 AM »
Capcom needs to make the sequel, if there is one.
Make it into what Revolver was, just non-stop insanity.
See in Redemption you live the life of Marston, but in Revolver you jump into all the action of many other people and you fight the most insane characters along with a good old fashion revenge plot to boil you into the fray just right.
I just found Revolver to hold more of a interesting world while Redemption tells of a almost accurate one.
I just felt like I wanted to play a Western game to do some crazy ass gunfights and I didn't get that as much in Redemption.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 05:11:27 AM by Maestro_MAD »

Offline JohnMarshall

• gunslinger
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2011, 08:38:26 PM »
is like Prince of Persia: Sands of Time to Warrior within. lol. any PoP fans will understand that ref. I enjoyed both of them although i agree on the idea of making rdr more spaghetti western. spaghetti westerns just have that gritty look and feel to them that i think may have complimented rdr
\"Theres two kinds of people in this world...those with loaded guns....and those who dig...you dig.\"

Offline Rukus

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2011, 09:59:38 PM »
Is what True Grit is to High Plains Drifter.
TRAINS, UNDEAD FREEROAM, AND MORE THAN 16 PLAYER FREE ROAM ARE NOT POSSIBLE! CLICK LINK TO LEARN WHY!

http://www.reddead.net/forums/thread-free-roam-additions

Offline Via Con Dios

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2011, 09:08:53 AM »
As Marston is to Griff
\"That fool Spatchcock fell in love with the cameraman and ran off to Canada. DAMN YOU THE GODS OF BAD WEATHER.\" - Mckenna