Username: Password:

Author Topic: Hardcore Freeroam Party (postponed)  (Read 1902 times)

Offline MrYoungGun

• El Jefe
  • Liked: 237
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Hardcore Freeroam Party (postponed)
« on: December 04, 2012, 08:03:57 PM »
EDIT- unfortunately I won't be able to host this event this Sunday, sorry to everyone for the inconvenience.

im going to try to have some more fun with ya'll before the prairies are deserted as many of us will move to Los Santos in the coming months. So please take a minute and consider which of the following ideas you would like to take part in, and leave a reply with your thoughts or just let me know you'd like to participate. my real life schedule allows only Sundays to host an event uninterrupted, so these events will likely happen December 30th, and with enough participants we will do all four, as each will take about 3 hours. The first two are less focused on combat, while the last two are competitive based, hopefully there's something for everyone. I realize many people won't want to or can't dedicate an entire day to rdr, and there's no need to try to do so, you may take part in just 1 or all of the games but the room will be first come, first serve.

*HCFP SCHEDULE*
SCAVENGER HUNT- 10AM EST- everyone receives a list of 50 questions about the people, places and, things in the world of rdr. Player with the most correct answers in 2 hours wins!
RULES-All participants do their scavenging in the same private room, all weapons are allowed as you may try to disrupt others from completing their tasks. You may use transports to move about the map as quickly as possible, but teamwork will not be allowed. Each player must work alone to answer the questions. Yours truly wrote all the questions so i will obviously not be participating, but will be available to clarify any concerns participants may have, as well as to referee in case anyone gets a little grief happy or glitches.
Edit-since i decided to remove the photo hunt game since it will require too much preparation, the scavenger hunt will be available to anyone after 10am. Once you join the session and are ready to begin searching, you'll receive the list of questions via pm here at reddeadnet with a time stamp. You'll have 2 hours from the stamped time to reply with your answers.

PHOTO HUNT- CANCELLED-teams of 3 receive a list of 15 photo ops to choose from, some are difficult and worth big points, some are easy and worth little points. Team with best judged screenshot for each photo wins the points, team with most total points wins. An example of one of the photo ops would be "photograph a Marston family argument at beechers hope". To get the shot all three team members will need to choose marstons from the outfitter, find a good spot at beechers hope and all hit the taunt button at the same time. Take as many photos as you want, but submit your favorite as other teams may choose to do this same photo op, and whichever team has the best judged photo will get the points.
I'm not to sure about this game being successful as it requires the most work to complete, but if participants are up for it, we'll have a go at it!

CAPTURE THE FLAG- 4PM EST-All participants are split into two even numbered teams with each team guarding a special mount (the flag, likely a bull or buffalo) in their homebase. Teams try to steal the other team's flag and bring it safely back to their own base to score. RULES- Everyone will be using a specific preset weapon wheel, with the following weapons, no other weapons are permitted. Handgun=Schofield   Shotgun=sawnoff   Repeater=henry Sniper= carcano   Throwing=dynamite
You may only use horses for mounts, and no transports are allowed.
You may kill an enemy riding your trams flag, but you may not kill the flag. If you successfully kill an enemy riding your flag, you will want to try to return it to your base. Players are not permitted to ride their flag within their home base, except when returning it from being stolen.
If at any time a flag is lost by it being killed, wandering away from all players, or it commits suicide by dropping off a cliff or drowning, the round must be restarted.
SCORING- the game will be 5 rounds each will feature different bases for the teams, the base has a corral that will serve as the home for the flag, and the enemies' flag must be brought to the corral to score, a round is over once a team captures a flag. At the start of a round all players must be within the confines of their respective bases, one player will need to go to the outfitter to select the flag, place it in their corral, and return to the outfitter to select a horse for use during the round. Once the signal to start is given, players are free to try to take the other teams flag or defend their own. Teams score 10 points for a captured flag, but killing a flag will result in a -2 point penalty against the offending team.
ROUND# - BLUE TEAM base - RED TEAM base
  1  -  Macfarlanes  -  Armadillo
  2  -  El Presidio  -  Agave Viejo
  3  -  Critchley's  -  Venter's
  4  -  Solomon's Folly -  Scratching Post
  5  -  Armadillo  -  Fort Mercer

WILD WEST CHESS- 7PM EST-Two evenly numbered teams do battle to try to kill the other team's designated king. Team members are assigned titles of pawn, knight, bishop, queen and king, each of which has its own specific set of weapons and mount. Best of 5 rounds wins, each round is played on the gameboard (the confines of one territory i.e. hennigans, gaptooth, perdido etc.) all players from both teams must stay on the gameboard throughout each round.
Edit-I'll post the official weapons list soon, and I've also been given a suggestion to try and use titles available in the outfitter for players to use to signify what piece they are. I'm looking into that and will get back with more info soon!

Each game has more rules (EDIT- I added the rules for capture the flag) that i will specify if enough interest is shown, microphones, sense of humor, sportsmanship and good attitudes are recommended to enjoy the party to the fullest extent! The schedule is by no means set in stone, and it can be rearranged to accommodate those that wish to take part, your feedback is vital to make this work for everyone.

PS- If you do not already have me on your friends list, send me a FR at mryounggun with "HCFP" in the text box and ill add you regardless of past grievances or inactivity deletion.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 08:37:05 PM by MrYoungGun »

Offline VMB-TAN

• Carson, Bill Carson
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 5488
  • Adios, half soldier
  • Awards Best Contributor 2014
    • View Profile
    • my YouTube Channel
    • Awards
Re: Hardcore Christmas Freeroam Party
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 01:52:59 AM »
nice to see more stuff being organised, the plans sound good :) not sure if I can make it though.

Offline aFinn

• Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 8615
  • Awards Best moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 05:02:42 AM »
Yep, very nice!

I have to work on the 31st, so can't stay up too late but the first two events are somewhat possible timewise.

Offline jess311420

• Rustler
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 729
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 10:36:50 AM »
very very nice!  ill be there for sure!

Offline MrYoungGun

• El Jefe
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Re: Hardcore Christmas Freeroam Party
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2012, 02:46:25 PM »
nice to see more stuff being organised, the plans sound good :) not sure if I can make it though.
sorry to hear that VMB, we'll see what the turnout is and if needed push it back a week or two so keep an eye on things to see what develops.

Offline MrYoungGun

• El Jefe
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2012, 02:47:11 PM »
Yep, very nice!

I have to work on the 31st, so can't stay up too late but the first two events are somewhat possible timewise.
glad to hear finn, hope to see you there!

Offline MrYoungGun

• El Jefe
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2012, 02:47:48 PM »
very very nice!  ill be there for sure!
I knew you would amigo!

Offline will136

• Saddle Tramp
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 1066
  • as long as we get paid or you get shot, I'm happy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2012, 03:33:57 PM »
Sounds like fun ... not sure what our plans are for that day just yet ... guess I need to work on a RDR game file since all my save files died with my lightning struck PS3 ... would like to join in if I'm home and able ... don't think I have you on my PS3 friends list ... I'll send you the PM to add me ...

Offline MrYoungGun

• El Jefe
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2012, 05:36:10 PM »
Sounds like fun ... not sure what our plans are for that day just yet ... guess I need to work on a RDR game file since all my save files died with my lightning struck PS3 ... would like to join in if I'm home and able ... don't think I have you on my PS3 friends list ... I'll send you the PM to add me ...

Great! The More, the merrier!

What does everyone think of these loadouts for chess? Everyone will set their mounts and weapon wheel slots to the following weapons based on what piece they are at the start of the round.
KING-Lemat, SemiAuto shotgun, henry, tomahawk,(no sniper), mount=mule
QUEEN-Semiauto pistol, double barrel, (no repeater/rifle), fire bottle, rolling block, mount=zebra
BISHOP-Schofield, pump action, henry, knives, (no sniper), mount=hungarian
KNIGHT-Double action, SemiAuto shotgun, winchester, knives, (no sniper), mount=Bull
PAWN-volcanic, sawn off, carbine, dynamite, carcano, mount=Nag

A team of 8 would have a king, a queen, a bishop, 2 knights, and 3 pawns.
Suggestions? Comments?

Offline jess311420

• Rustler
  • Red River Resistance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2012, 06:18:22 PM »
i agree with the chess idea and the loadouts.  i did have some questions but after thinking about it, it all really makes sense. 
i hope alot of people get into this.

Offline CrazyFeckenDrunk

• Drink up!
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 474
  • Psn- Hadeskiller666
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2012, 08:30:41 PM »
This sounds like fun  :) il be completely drunk but I'm in! Lol

Offline angelwingz013

• Guardian Angel
  • Liked: 161
  • maybe one day you will be saved by an angel
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2012, 08:43:08 PM »
Me too when I can. Depending on work, not much time off this year :( (angel)
angelwingz013(angel)
"La la la-la la la, Sing a happy song.
La la la-la la la, Smurf it all day long"

Offline MrYoungGun

• El Jefe
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2012, 02:51:14 PM »
You'll still be amongst the top players hades im sure. Hope to see you there Angel, hopefully it runs all day so drop in anytime!

So far I've received 10 ill be there's, and 5 maybes so looks like we'll get at least a couple games in.

Offline DementedNymph

• Psychologically Sound
  • Liked: 14
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2012, 05:43:01 PM »
How marvelous! I will be there if my memory cooperates. :]

Offline angelwingz013

• Guardian Angel
  • Liked: 161
  • maybe one day you will be saved by an angel
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2012, 07:41:15 PM »
I'll be back at work on the Friday :( anyways I'll try n be there when I can :) (angel)
angelwingz013(angel)
"La la la-la la la, Sing a happy song.
La la la-la la la, Smurf it all day long"

Offline balkie

• Liked: 538
  • Play on, playa
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2012, 09:45:08 AM »
Yins guys got more room n'at?

Sent from my Slider SL101 using Tapatalk 2

Offline MrYoungGun

• El Jefe
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2012, 01:23:07 PM »
Yins guys got more room n'at?

Sent from my Slider SL101 using Tapatalk 2
There's always roam for a freeroam aficionado like yourself B!

Offline jess311420

• Rustler
  • Red River Resistance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Hardcore Freeroam Party (postponed)
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2012, 12:25:28 PM »
postponed till.....??

Offline MrYoungGun

• El Jefe
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2013, 02:16:49 PM »
Apologies everyone. My ps3 had been giving me problems, but now has completely stopped reading discs. Ill need to get a new one but don't know when that will be, I'm probably just going to wait until gtav releases. Sorry once again!

Offline thuglife_-1

• Wounded Threat
  • D WILD BUNCH
  • Liked: 213
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2013, 07:09:54 PM »
I've had this problem before MYG. Have you tried blowing compressed air directly into Blu-Ray player slot? It worked for me, and may be worth a try.
Amnesty for coach_wargo!